The School of Information and Library Science (SILS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the iSchool at Carolina) invites applications for a tenure/tenure-track faculty position with a starting date of July 1, 2018. Candidates at all ranks are welcome to apply.
The School offers the Bachelor of Science in Information Science, Master of Science in Information Science, Master of Science in Library Science, a new Master of Professional Science degree in Digital Curation, and the Doctor of Philosophy in Information and Library Science. The School also offers an undergraduate minor in information science, a Post-Master’s Certificate in Data Curation, and a variety of graduate certificates and dual degrees (see http://sils.unc.edu for details).
The faculty seeks an outstanding colleague with research and teaching interests in sociotechnical data studies and human-centered data science. Research areas include, but are not limited to:
- Data ethics, law, and policy, including security, privacy and society
- Human-data interaction and sociotechnical perspectives on data work
- Data-oriented design, infrastructure, and theory
- Computational science (including computational social science, computational biology, as well as other computational scientific disciplines)
- Data science methods (from machine learning to human-computer interaction)